Your initial appointment will consist of a consultation, explaining your diagnosis and treatment options. Occasionally, surgery can be performed the same day as the consultation. However, a complex medical history or treatment plan will require an evaluation and a second appointment to provide treatment on another day. If you have questions or need assistance, please call our Great Falls office: Northern Montana Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Great Falls Office Phone Number 406-727-4322.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
- Your surgical referral slip and any x-rays if applicable.
- A list of medications you are presently taking If you require a antibiotic premedication please notify the office prior to your appointment.
- If you have medical or dental insurance, bring both insurance cards with you. This will save time and allow us to help you process any claims.
IMPORTANT: All patients under the age of 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at the consultation visit and for any surgical visits. The parent or guardian must remain at the office for the entire appointment.
- A preoperative consultation and physical examination is mandatory for patients undergoing IV anesthesia for surgery.
- Please have nothing to eat or drink eight hours prior to your surgery.
- If your surgery was done with IV anesthesia, you MAY NOT drive home and are NOT to drive or operate machinery for 24 hours.
- You should not drive or operate machinery for 12 hours after your last dose of a narcotic pain medication.
Please alert the office at Northern Montana Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Great Falls Office Phone Number 406-727-4322 prior to your appointment if:
- You have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to surgery (i.e., diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.)
- You are currently taking any medication(s) (i.e., heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy or blood thinners, bisphosphonates, etc.)
- You have been informed by your General Dentist and/or Medical Doctor that you require a antibiotic premedication.
If your dentist or physician has taken x-rays, you may request that they forward them to our office. If there is not enough time, please pick them up and bring them to our office. If additional films are necessary, they can be taken at our facility.